Experienced sudden memory loss, what is the reason?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
I just experienced something odd. I drove to work a normal but when I got into the elevator I couldn't think of what floor to go to. Once I figured it out and got off of the elevator (on the correct floor) I went to my desk and tried to log-in to my computer. I couldn't remember the password. It finally came to me. Now I have just felt odd and worried for the past hour. This has never happened to me before. I am 56 years old and extremely healthy.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: A neurological examination may be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. It will be helpful if you give more information on :- 1. Any history of head injury? 2. Any history of migraine? Transient memory loss can be seen after age of 50 years. A neurological examination will be helpful. Try to have proper rest and avoid emotional stress. You can go for a CT/MRI of head to rule out any neurological damage. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.