Experienced strong feeling of passing out. Was dizzy, hot and clammy with chest pain. Take Ramipiril. Advise?

I have just experienced a very very strong feeling of passing out, I was feeling very dizzy and then went hot and clammy. For the last few days I have had very slight chest pains which I put down to "wind"

I take 10mg Ramipril daily

kind regards
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check the blood pressure and pulse soon

Detailed Answer:

You are displaying the symptoms as if the blood flow to the brain diminished and bypassed to the peripheries like your arms and legs. With previous days incidents of chest pain I would immediately advise my patients to check for blood pressure, pulse and ECG at the Emergency room.

Once the life threatening reasons are ruled out I could safely evaluate the other reasons for such symptoms.

Hope there is a direction ahead for you with my reply.