Experienced sever acidity, vomiting and pain in throat. What medication should I take?
User rating for this question
Hi I experienced sever acidity last night then after I got vomited, since then I had pain in throat feels like something had stucked or I got swelling in esophagus what should I do what medication should I take plz help me..
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Saline gargles as well as prilosec... Detailed Answer: Hi, Throat and esophageal lining does not tolerate acid content of the stomach. When you vomit acidic and undigested food material, this content irritates food pipe as well as the the pharyngeal wall resulting in pain and foreign body sensation. Deep throat gargles can relieve this discomfort. Lozenges can also provide soothening effect. You can try this at home. In addition to gargles and lozenges, I also recommend that you take prilosec OTC once a day for 3-5 days to prevent hyperacidity condition from repeating this throat irritation. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards
Follow-up: Experienced sever acidity, vomiting and pain in throat. What medication should I take? 4 minutes later
Thanx for ur help what kind of gargle and lozenges should I use?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Throat lozenges available over the counter.... Detailed Answer: Warm salt water gargles three times can do. As far as throat lozenges, you can try Buckley's throat lozenges. Check at the pharmacy near your store. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
People also viewed
- Vomit acid burning throat pregnant
- Is dizziness a side effect of suprax?
- Skin tag inside nostril
- Pregnant prescribed folic acid and susten suffer vomiting continue medications
- Severe abdominal pain diarrhea vomiting taking medication no results advice
- What is the medication for acid reflux
- Itchy itchy throat stuffy nose
- Is skin rash a side effect of saizen?
- Is headache a side effect of tarceva?
- Is bloating a side effect of topamax?
- Nasal inverted papilloma, toronto surgeons
- Is skin rash a side effect of reglan?
- Painless lump jawline and tragus
- Itchy scratchy throat only at night
- Small granules on throat acidity medication