Ask a Urologist   »  

Experienced pain during masturbation, urge to urinate. Taking antibiotic for bladder infection. Suggestion

Hi. I had experienced some pain during masturbation and the following day i had a constant urge to urinate and some pain and discomfort. My doctor diagnosed a bladder infection and i am now taking antibiotics. However i have since noticed a certain amount of bruising on the underside of the penis and the symptoms of urgency to urinate and the pain have not gone away, although it is reduced a little. I am particularly concerned as i am due to fly on holiday for a week in two days time and i need this to improve.
What would you suggest for the bruising and pain.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 57 minutes later
Hello, XXXXXXX ,
Welcome to health care magic,
As per the description of the symptoms, you are suffering from due to improper masturbation which causes invisible abrasions inside the urethra and frenulum (fore-skin of penis which attaches underneath penis like a small thread) leads to the infection of those invisible wounds and that finally leads to urinary infection.
In this regard I advise you to consult a physician and get done the complete urine analysis and urine culture sensitivity, as you told, you have already used antibiotics, but still you have burning urine, it's better to use correct antibiotic after culture sensitivity.
Coming to the pain in the penis, it's due to the muscle soreness; gradually it will disappear after using painkillers.
Meanwhile drink plenty of water and empty the bladder completely.

Hope this answer will help you. If you need further clarification write us back