Experienced pain and muscle tightness after a walk. What is the cure?
User rating for this question
after just a brief walk, not even 100 yards. The muscles in the back of my shin [mostly my right leg] begin to tighten a lot and become very painful. To the point that I have to limp and before long I have to sit for 10-15 minutes I am 56 years old, smoke, drink a little to much, however my diet is balanced. I have gained to much wieght in the last few years. I am 5'11 and 265 lbs. The problem has been increaseing over the last 4-6 months. Previously I had no problems. Also I had my legs checked for ?3letters? blood flow and was ok. This was done about 2 years ago.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi, From the medical data you provided, the muscle contractions you experienced might be related to lack of some vitamins and minerals. If I was your caring doctor would prescribe taking vitamin b complex and magnesium supplements. Next, try not to go for moderate to high-intensity exercise until your body is getting used with low-intensity exercises. So walk slowly first and little distance. Then, can increase step by step. In addition, try to stop drinking and smoking to avoid aggravating symptoms. Check your heart with ECG and cardiac echo. Try to lose weight, drink more water and avoid fatty, sugary or processed foods. Hope it answered to your inquiries! Feel free to ask me again at the next follow up if you have further questions! Dr.Bardha
People also viewed
- Is joint or muscle pain a side effect of mirabegron?
- Is joint or muscle pain a side effect of ivermectin?
- Is joint or muscle pain a side effect of effexor xr?
- Glycomet 500 sr can control suger levels
- Severe weakness valprol cr 500 side effects
- Daflon 500 mg and erectile dysfunction
- What is the cure for muscle pain in arms
- Is pain in the hip or knee a side effect of levoxyl?
- Experiencing knee pain after running what cure should be done
- What is the cure for the muscle pains causing sleeplessness
- Is severe pain in the chest a side effect of flolan?
- What is the permanent cure for muscles and joint pain
- Can diabetic patients take shelcal 500
- Experiencing abdominal pain cure
- Cifran 500 tablets prescribed for typhoid