Experienced heavy bleeding. Have functional fluid filled ovarian cysts, tilted uterus with fibroid. chances for pregnancy?

Hello my name is XXXXXXX . I am a 27 years old. With in my life span I had experienced heavy bleeding 4 times where I had a tampon and a pad and still soaked threw after 5 minutes . I have functional fluid filled ovarian cysts often. I have a tilted uterus with a fibroid 2.1 cm . My uterus weighs 9 mm . Pelvic pain is chronic to the point where I have been hospited 3 times. ... Main question . Tilted uterus with a fibroid , and ovarian cysts..... What are the chances of me getting pregnant . I've been trying for only 5 months .... I have a feeling I have endomitriosis . Can I demand a laparascopy to rule it out ? I won't be able to psychologically handle misscarrieges . I just want to know chances of fertility . ?! Thank you
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Laparoscopy is mandatory. Fertility need testing.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
The size of your fibroid is small. A fibroid of this size usually do not cause heavy periods or impair fertility unless it is indenting the endometrial cavity or is in sub-mucosal position.
Similarly, sever pain is also an unusual association unless the fibroid is obstructing the cavity or causing cervical dilatation.
However, it may cause tilting of the uterus or enlargement.
Sever pain is a common association with Endometriosis & Adenomyosis. Endometriosis causes Chocolate cysts in the ovary which are usually suspected on ultrasound. Other possibility could be of pelvic inflammatory disease.
All these conditions can effect fertility, but it is difficult to predict the exact extent.
Usually, we recommend investigation for fertility testing after one whole year of trying, but, keeping in mind your history & known Gynecological problems you should go for these tests early on.
Fertility specialist usually test tubal patency & ovulation to judge fertility potential of a women.
Because of your tilted uterus you may need tests to see or demarcate the shape endometrial cavity, & your pelvic pain & ovarian cyst will no doubt necessitate Laparoscopy, which can be therapeutic at the same time.
Endometriosis has a known association with subfertility but we can not predict the actual extent.
Sometimes women with sever disease conceive & deliver & other times minimal endometriosis is the only abnormality detected after full infertility investigation.
I strongly recommend you to make yourself strong & be patient. Don't loose hope.
I think I have given you the desired overview of the situation. Please write back if you need further help.
Wish you best of luck.