Experienced a very light brown spotting when not ovulating. What else it could be?

I have experienced a very light brown spotting in days 11 and 12 of my cycle. I have not yet ovulated. I know because I am using ovulation tests every day, and have not yet have an LH surge. Is this early spotting normal?

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Mid cycle spotting is common and occurs in many people. It may occur during ovulation or just before.This occurs due to the hormonal ups and downs so dont worry about it. It can continue for 3-4 days but is only spotting,not a normal flow.