Experienced TIA. Having constant numbness and tingling in both arms. Any remedy?

I experienced a TIA in October. Recently I have had almost constant numbness and tingling in both arms (mostly my right arm). My right arm went numb during the TIA. I am female, 47, cholesterol is 169, don't smoke and I exercise regularly.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 2 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It is necessary that a full neurologic and neck exam is done for you. This age is a common age for neck disc degenerative problems. It can manifest itself with numbness in both arms. It is very common in people who type a lot or work with computer and hold their neck in a stoop position during the daytime. If you ask your doctor to request for Neck X rays in anterior, lateral and oblique views, it could be evaluated. It could also be related to circulation problem, and it would be possible to evaluate it with a full exam. It might also be an inflammatory issue of the nervous system, especially if you have ever had any vision problem or difficulty in your balance ( the most common type of inflammatory problem in the nervous system is multiple sclerosis).
I recommend that you ask your doctor to see what problem is most likely present.
I wish you a good health.