Experience tunnel vision with fast heart rate. ECG is perfect. Reason?

Following a thorough medical yesterday which was was fine. On the way home at 3pm , while driving, I experience tunnel vision plus a fast heart rate for about 4 to 5 seconds. What could have caused this - my ECG was perfect. I had been fasting from 6pm the day before but I had a breakfast that morning at 10am
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, thanks for writing in XXXXXXX

You have already done thorough medical check up yesterday which was normal.

You were nearly fasting for 24 hrs, except for breakfast. So, I think it is just a hypoglycemic attack, which causes transient blurring of vision and tachycardia(fast heart rate). If tunnel vision is of long duration then only it is matter of concern. Transient problem is not associated with any eye pathology.
If similar episode happens again then consult your ophthalmologist, otherwise no need to worry.

Hope I have answered your query, any follow ups are welcome.