Experience quick moments of discomfort on top of breast and along side of chest under arm. Cause?

39 year old female, 5'4 130 pounds. Physically active, running regularly. Experience quick moments of discomfort, top of left breast and along left side of chest under arm. They are brief, short, last 3 to 5 seconds and are gone. Its a little scary as I am worried it is cardiac.I have been experiencing this for about 3 months. What is this?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stress,high blood pressure,anemia,lab tests,ECG

Detailed Answer:

It is good if you could inform me when you experience such quick moments of discomfort: while resting or doing physical activity?

Next, have you ever measured your blood pressure when you had this experience? If yes, could you pass the results? If not, then, do measure your blood pressure when feeling such discomfort.

In addition, are you having a stressful period recently (job or family problems). Most probably, being "stressed" could be the culprit of your current health problems.

Have you ever had a complete blood profile to check out for anemia? If not, you can perform this test to determine if you have anemia or not.

Do you check your breast and armpit for any problem (lump, bump, etc?). If not, start checking now by yourself at home or be helped by your healthcare provider.

In addition, to be sure it is not related to the heart, you can do an ECG.

You can send to me the reports of all the tests performed for further assistance.

Waiting for your news soon.
Follow-up: Experience quick moments of discomfort on top of breast and along side of chest under arm. Cause? 17 minutes later
Discomfort happens usually while sit, or resting. Always in the same 2 places, both spots not bigger than a quarter. Best way to describe it is almost electrical in nature. Could it be related to digestion?

Regular blood pressure

Full recent bloodwork show no anemia or any other areas of concern

Chest xray and EKG done 4 months ago - both negative.

No lumps or bumps can be felt in areas of pain.

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
psychological/gastric problems

Detailed Answer:

- Are you a sensitive person (i.e. you cry or get depressed very quickly)?

- Is the pain all the days or once in a while? If does not happen all the days, have you noticed that before the periods are in?

- Do you have regular periods, by the way?

- Are you planning to be pregnant?

- Have you felt the pain after eating?

- Are you experiencing bloating or burping? Do you feel something like acid liquid in your mouth and chest burn after eating or while sleeping?

To my opinion, it might be explained by the fact you might be a very sensitive person (psychological effect).

Otherwise, gastric problems might be also related.

Waiting for your details!