Experience pain after penetration. May be excess of tissue. Help?

Even with lubrication I experience pain soon after short penetration from my partner. My partner feels there may be excess tissue there for some reason. Thanks for any help you can advise
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 46 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and considerations.

It is possible that there may be some changes in the soft tissue in that area of your body. This sometimes does happen with age. This would be something your gynecologist may assess.

At the same time there can be a thinning of some of the mucosa and soft tissue in this area of the body which we refer to as atrophic vaginitis. Check this link for a more detailed description:

You might benefit from prescription topical creams. Some of these creams do contain hormonal medications so you should discuss this with your doctor in detail before considering that option.

Otherwise you might consider trying different types of lubricants. I have had good feedback from patients using Replens for example which is available over the counter at your pharmacy. You could consider trying this or something similar.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any other specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga