Experience abdominal pain on the left after periods, get recurring UTI. Help?

Every month after my period I experience abdominal pain on the left. I have been treated for a urinary infection several times including just last month.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Pain after or during the periods are more likely to be dysmenorrhea than a stone problem.
The USG has ruled out any uro-genital structural abnormality. A urinary tract infection/ pain would occur anytime and not specifically after the cycles.
Please see your gynaecologist and try suggested medicines for dysmenorrhea first.

You could upload your report here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / scans to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!