Exercise stress test positive for ECG. Evidence of provokable myocardial ischemia. Advice?

exercise stress test is positive for the ECG. Evidence of of provokable myocardial ischaemia.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 minutes later

I would suggest that you see a cardiologist as soon as possible so that he/she can completely evaluate you and prescribe appropriate therapy.

Provokable myocardial ischemia essentially means that under conditions of stress such as exercise, the blood supply to the heart does not increase sufficiently and thus causes a condition called “Ischemia”

This condition commonly results from a blockage of the coronary arteries which supply the heart.
Treatment of this condition usually involves medication and occasionally stenting as well.

I would strongly advise the following:
a.     Do not indulge in any exercise till you are able to see a cardiologist
b.     Avoid every form of stress including heavy meals
c.     Eat a light, balanced, nutritious diet

I hope I have answered your answer. Please accept my answer if you have no further questions.

I wish you good health