Excision biopsy showed ployriod with high-grade dysplasia. How to prevent it from developing cancer?

ENT Specialist
Dear doctors,
I underwent excision biospy on my right vocal cord 2 weeks ago. the diagnosis report says: ployriod with high-grade dysplasia. My doctor said will do follow up check 3 months later. my question is : what can be done at this stage to reduce the possibility of transformation into cancer
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for tour query.

I have gone through through your query regarding excisinal biopsy from right vocal cord for polypoidal growth which is reported as high grade dysplasia, and you are interesred what to do to prevent from developing cancer.

Here I would like to say that your surgeon had removed the entire polypoidal growth ( Excisional Biopsy ) and ,it means the entire tissue having high grade dysplasia is being removed therefore now the only strict vigilance by regular examination at three monthly interval is the best way for vigilant activity or if any how voice alters than your ENT specialist should be consulted as soon as possible.

In the vigilance these are the alarming signs-

(a) Cough for more than a week.

(b) If sputum is having blood.

(c) Change in voice.

(d) Difficulty in breathing.

Thus if any of above symptoms appear you should immidiately consult your ENT specialist to take early action for excillent results.

I hope your query is explained.

Follow-up: Excision biopsy showed ployriod with high-grade dysplasia. How to prevent it from developing cancer? 3 hours later
Dear Doctor,

thanks for your answer! I have uploaded the full diagnosis report and can you review it?
My concern is whether the Excisional Biopsy has cleared entire tissue having high grade dysplasia or not. do I need second surgery to cut more surrounding tissue to make sure that all tissue having high grade dysplasia is cleared?

sorry for giving you so many questions. I am so scared by the result.

Regards and have a nice day!
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 4 hours later

Welcome again in H.C.M.for clarification of your doubt.

Excisional biopsy means your all extra tissue have been removed so there is no need for second surgery.Your report is also indicating benign nature of excised so no quistion for further medication.

I hope complete job had been done and you will recover soon.