Excessive vomiting until dizzy and dehydrated. Have RA. What could be this ?

General Surgeon
I have recently had a problem with excessive vomiting. It comes on all of a sudden and it usually happens about 4 times, until I'm dizzy and dehydrated. I do have RA.
What could this be? another symthom?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 10 hours later
Thank you for the query.
The repeated vomiting experienced by you may not be due to RA.
The episode may be due to some gastric cause, indigestion, gastritis due to some medicines may also be the factor .
A dizzy feeling was due to exhaustion and dehydrated due to recurrent vomiting. It also means that you are excessively dehydrated. You need a thorough check up with your doctor and discuss the problem. Relevant investigations for proper diagnosis and treatment are ascertained. Review your medications and see that you do not consume pain killers too often for the pain associated with Rheumatoid arthritis. You should look for alternatives. Some of the DMRAD’s ( disease modifying drugs) that you may be taking are responsible for vomiting. If an empirical treatment does not help you may need an Endoscopy and Ultrasound abdomen too.
Please consult your doctor and i wish you be well soon .