Excessive sweating and coughing spasms that produces white phlegm. What is wrong?

Over the past three weeks i have had excessive sweating during the least activity, coughing spasms that produces white phlem, and below normal temperatures. What's wrong with me?
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
just give answer to some questions

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,
Coughing spasm may be due to several reasons including asthma, COPD, reactive airway diseases. What made me think in your case was excessive sweating and subnormal temperature.
I think you must get your blood pressure recorded. Kindly answer few of my questions first:
1) Do you feel breathlessness. Do you become cyanosed (bluish discoloration of lips, nail beds). Were you a smoker in the past?
2) Do you feel any chest pain espl. on exertion. Do you feel something like air hunger and feel choking at night or during lying down position.?
3) Have you lost your weight recently?

Waiting for your follow up...

Best wishes
Follow-up: Excessive sweating and coughing spasms that produces white phlegm. What is wrong? 29 minutes later
1) I do not feel breathlessness. I am not cyanosed. And yes I was a smoker in the past. I smoked 1 to 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes daily from age 15 to 29. From age 29 to 55 I quit completely. Then from 55 to 63 I became a social smoker, smoking a few cigarettes a day. I have stopped smoking completely again over the last 2 1/2 years. But I do work (casino) in a very smokey environment.
2) The answer to your questions here are all "No."
3) I have lost about 5 lbs. over the last 2 weeks. I do not have any follow-up questions until I receive a reply to my reply above!
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a chest x-ray and sputum, examinmation done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
Your airway seems to be hyper-reactive . You must go for a simple breathing test called spirometry with reversibility testing. Before that, go for a chest x-ray and sputum examination ( gram staining, AFB, culture and sensitivity) as you are coughing for last 3 weeks and there is history of weight loss. The infection especially tuberculosis must be ruled out here. You can post your xray image here if feasible.
In the meantime just take a course of antibiotic like azithromycin, along with antihistaminic like cetrizine and inhaled bronchodilators like levosalbutamol and budesonide combination thrice a day. Hopefully you will get some relief....

Best wishes