Excessive sweating. Reason?

shower daily put deo on put shirt on then not long i sweat along dont know why
makes my shirt round my arm pits wet
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later

Deodorants do not stop the sweating. They only remove the bacteria from the area they are applied on so that it does not produce a bad smell. The secretions of sweat glands will remain as it is.

To decrease the production of sweat, you need to use an astringent like alcohol, alum water, etc which shrinks the gland openings and decreases the production of sweat for some time.
You can use an antibacterial soap which contains triclosan or tea tree oil.

Regular use of deodorant spray containing aluminium ,zinc salt, zirconium will help.

Use of non sensitizing anti bacterial agents like fusidic acid topically can be helpful.

Using an absorptive powder is advisable.

Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.