Excessive saliva, palpitations, depression, slow movement of hands. Multivitamin Injection helpful to improve damaged nerve?

Hello..My Mom's age is 57 years. .And now she is complaining that she is getting more saliva after having her morning tea or lunch,She is having slow movement of hand and legs also,palpitation,depression. This is because she is not having her proper meal from couple of years back and the result her nerves are getting damaged slowly.One chronic disease is that she has some mental disorder like she is asking one ques more than once.using water more as required for external use(not drinking).And on top of that she had TB also last year which is being cured now. Dr advised us to give her Neurobion Forte injection which is a multivitamin injection.Dosage is twice in a week.I want to know that whether this multivitamin Injection is helpful to improve damaged nerve and hence improve my mom's condition.Please help
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

The symptoms your mother has are typical and seen when there is damage to the nerves generally.The increased salivation and the behavioural disturbances can be attributed to the same.

Yes, Neurobion Forte does help in regeneration of the nerves and helps in recovery.Neurobion contains Vit B12 which is very essential for nerve growth and is specific treatment in nerve damage.The effects of neurobion are not immediate it takes time in months to show some good result.Twice weekly dosage is the best and effective course.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Excessive saliva, palpitations, depression, slow movement of hands. Multivitamin Injection helpful to improve damaged nerve? 15 hours later
Thank You for your relpy.

Will need your assistance as required...and will definitely contact you.

Thanks once again
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
You are welcome.

Will be there always to help you.

Dr Raju