Excessive nausea during pregnancy, pregnancy discontinued, irregular motions. Medication to avoid vomiting?

Question
Hi my name is XXXXXXX from bangalore and my wife name is XXXXXXX .
we had one 5 years old son, last year my wife got more vomiting senstations during pregnency because of that she couldnt able to continue the pregnency kindly tell us any medicine for avoiding vomit during pregnency, and also she had irregullar motion problem
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 34 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Did she experience the same symptoms during her first pregnancy?
2.) Did anybody else in your or her family had the same problem?
3.) What exactly happened during her second pregnancy, did she had a abortion or miscarriage?
4.) Does she has constipation or Diarrhea?
5.) Does she pass Gas often?

Your History suggests your Wife had Morning Sickness and it is absolutely common to have this and it is no cause or reason for discontinuation of Pregnancy. Also she may be having IBS) since you said she has Irregular Motion Problem.

You can plan for next kid if its been more than 3 months for this episode and kindly don' t worry as it can be easily controlled with Proper Medical Care. Get her examined by a Gynecologist so that she can evaluate her thoroughly and conduct few tests like,

1.) Complete Blood Count
2.) Liver Function Tests
3.) Thyroid Function Tests
4.) Ultrasound scan (If necessary)

To rule out the exact cause. No medicine can be Prescribed without Proper physical examination and don't give her any medicine without consulting a Doctor. Once the cause is confirmed, your Doctor will treat her accordingly.

In the meantime let her follow some lifestyle modifications which will help control her symptoms once she conceives,

1.) Let her eat fiber XXXXXXX fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and avoid foods which are not easily digestible and fatty foods
2.) Let her have six small meals instead of 3 large meals
3.) Drink plenty of fluids
4.) Go for regular Brisk walks for 30 to 40 minutes daily.

Hope I have answered your Query.

I Wish her Very Good Health.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Excessive nausea during pregnancy, pregnancy discontinued, irregular motions. Medication to avoid vomiting? 1 hour later
1.) she dont had experience the same symptoms during her first pregnancy.
2.) Nobody else in my or her family had the same problem.
3.) she had two times abortion and last time its miscarriage
4.) dont know
5.) she dont pass Gas often.

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing back.

Your follow up history doesn't suggest about Irritable Bowel Syndrome but Miscarriage history is there which may not be related to her excessive vomiting during Pregnancy. You are under a misconception as most miscarriages occur because the fetus isn't developing normally. But not to worry as after miscarriage the chances of Pregnancy don't reduce.

Even without treatment, majority of women with repeated miscarriages go on to have successful pregnancies. You can plan for next Pregnancy once her periods resume, let her follow the lifestyle modifications which I had suggested earlier, stick to her treatment plan once she conceives and go for regular follow up.

All the Best,

Take Care.

Best Regards,
Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.