Excessive masturbation, pain in penis, penis not erecting totally. Ways to stop masturbation addiction ?

Question
Lets start off by saying I over masturbate, and it's become a problem. My penis hurts, and refuses to go to full size. I know the obvious answer would be to stop, but I was wondering there was any other precautions I should be aware of. Will just stopping be enough? It's been going on a for a few months, and I realize that's embarrassing, for me, but it's like I can't stop. I just want to make sure there is not going to be any permanent damage if I do stop for awhile. Please help me! Thanks!!
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 45 minutes later

There is no restriction for masturbation, you can masturbate as many times as you can.

But it usually pains if you masturbate continuously without giving rest.

Also there is a possibility that during masturbation when is over retract the prepuce, there is possibility of frenulum cut which causes pain and the pain resolves only if you stop masturbating for few days since it needs few days to heal.

I suggest you to masturbate by giving rest to your penis in between and there is nothing called over masturbation, it can be done as many times as you can, but if it has gone to irresistible manner wherein you are dragged to masturbate many times, then you can come out of it by focusing on your career and other recreational activities.

Also take care that you masturbate smoothly since harsh masturbation would cause at times fracture of penis.

I suggest you to give few days rest by not masturbating and can start up again, also you can take analgesics and hot fomentation.

Due to pain your penis is not getting to full size so let the pain subside and every thing would be solved.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Excessive masturbation, pain in penis, penis not erecting totally. Ways to stop masturbation addiction ? 5 hours later
I have given it a few days to heal, and I tried again... still hurts. In fact it hurt even more than usual. It gets very tight, and refuses to even get close to my normal size. To be very literal with you, I usually am 8 inches, and it is making it to 4, maybe 5. The penis is still very firm and hard while i'm masturbating, it just won't get to a full size. It also is still in pain, and sometimes it burns while I pee as well. Could it be anything else? Is it possible I have a infection that I'm not aware of? I know it's not an STD, but but is there any other type of infection you can get that would cause this pain?

Answered by Dr. Sumanth.P 15 hours later

Nice to see you again.

Since the pain is persisting the cause for the pain need to evaluated by local examination and few other investigations.

The cause for the the pain being infection is less likely unless you have some lesion over your penis.

I suggest you to consult a general surgeon or urologist since it needs detailed evaluation.

Also do not hesitate in consulting a doctor for this, and since masturbation is a natural phenomenon, you need not restrain from it permanently.

You get the problem solved and you can continue as usual.

I cannot address your problem completely since it needs good local examination and investigations to rule out any tear of penile muscles and few other investigations like doppler studies to check the blood flow to the penis.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you speedy recovery.