Excessive gas, chest pain, loose motion, yellow stools, no blood in stools, neck pain, vomiting, stiff neck

Gastroenterologist
Question
(1)Excessive gas so much so that even it is difficult to sleep sometimes when the gas causes pain in the chest..(it happes more when diarrhoea happens and contipation gives less restlessnes)
(2)There is cyclic motion most of the time the motion moves towards getting loose..means that tends to be loose(it remains semi liquid and not more than 2 times,never gets clear even if it is loose).(3)the loose motion also does not remain to be full(semi liquid kind containing foam and sometimes isbgol gelly like texture but not the colour).it happns two thee times a day when loose and after the motion the restlessness comes down..it never remains to be full even though it is loose.there is no blood in the stool…colour mostly remains to be yellow..
(b)pain in th neck, left , right and centre of the upper portion of the stomach and back.neck and throat remains stiff.(5)Vomiting tendency prevails but not all the time (6)drowzy condition prevails most part of the time.
(7)vomit containing acid happens some times (once in 15, 16 days) otherwise acidity remains at the tolerable label.(unless i dont eat anything from outside).6)after taking tea and coffee that whole day gets spoiled for me..i become complete restless.
(7)no problem in the lower part of abdomin.(8)the area around neck gives the feeling of stiffness.(9)anything contaning sourness is very good to tase and eat but i find that to be disturbing (more use creates loose motion(not full) especially lemon)(10)The problem increase from the evening time..(5 o'clock onwards)..there strarts happening gas ,pain and then goes on increasing lill late night until i sleep.
Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 17 hours later
Hi and thanks for contacting healthcaremagic
With respect to the case one has to decide first if all the symptoms are because of a single disease or co-existing diseases. One also has to determine the cause of the loose stools - a pathology involving small bowel or large bowel.
From the description provided i can think of two unifing possibilities.
1) An intestinal malabsorption syndrome like celiac disease
2) An hypersecretory state like Zollinger Ellisons syndrome
Or it could be certain common disorders co-existing together
Hence get yourself investigated with - Stool routine examinations on 3 consequtive days, Fasting TSH, Hemogram, C reactive protein (Quantitative). serum gastrin and tTGA-IgA
Based on these one can plan further management. Meanwhile avoid milk products, take some vit B complex, zinc, probiotics and isapghul husk. If acidity feeling is more you can take some antacids
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Excessive gas, chest pain, loose motion, yellow stools, no blood in stools, neck pain, vomiting, stiff neck 53 minutes later
actually i consulted gaastrolosist in delhi and he told me to be suffering from IBS but i did not got through these tests..so i should check now...but i dont have frequent stools as happens in IBS..ok let me go through checks now..

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for follow up
You need to rule out all these before you diagnose IBS. Hence please go through these tests
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Excessive gas, chest pain, loose motion, yellow stools, no blood in stools, neck pain, vomiting, stiff neck 2 hours later
ok i will do

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 18 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Please go ahead with the tests as I said.

You may wish to ask me a query at this link in future.

WWW.WWWW.WW

hi doctor i am very much afraid of the endoscopy test ..please conduct anything but endoscopy test..i have gone through that 3 years back and i am very much afraid of that teat..at that time i was diagnosed with non erosive gastritis.i took medicines for that for six months.but even after that the gas formation in my stomach persisted..i will give u the results of test soon..these days it is sometimes reaching intolerable level..

this time again the doc stopped short of doing endoscopy saying that i don't want to give u strain too much..Its IBS so good by and enjoy......

....thanks

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 27 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

IBS is a functional gastrointestinal disorder. Avoidance of stress is an important management protocol of IBS.

I wish you a healthy life, free of stress.

Get well soon.

Take care and regards,