Estachion tubes are full. Have moderate to severe Tinnutus. Due to ototoxic effects from occupational exposures?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a sinus infection from hell. It began in April 2010 and has tortured me ever since. Ceftin and Augmentin were tried. Nothing has worked. Would Levaquin be the next step? It is greatly effecting my work and personal life.
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
It seems that you have chronic sinusitis that is causing the fullness in the eustachian tubes also.
To find out the cause of repeated sinus infections, you should get an ENT examination along with transillumination test of sinuses or CT scan sinuses done. The golden rule for chronic sinus congestion is steam inhalation. Inhaling steam from a bowl of hot (but not boiling water) may help to soften, and loosen, the build up of mucus in the nose.
This will also decrease the build up of fluid in the eustachian tubes.
Since the problem is a long standing one, a surgical treatment needs to be considered to control such recurrent infection.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.