Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate is high. How can I reduce it?

i am sheeba iam 45 yrs old my esr is 70 how can ireduce it
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 41 minutes later

Hello Sheeba;

An ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) of 70 is quite high as against the normal of 20mm/hr. The ESR increases in presence of any sort of active infection (due to virus, bacteria) or inflammation in your body. Once the infection or the inflammation is treated the ESR reverts back to normal.

Since from your history it is evident that you have cough and are under treatment I feel that the increase in ESR in your case is more likely due to chest infection. And it should resolve after treatment.

Hope this answer is helpful to settle your concern. In case of any other query you may write back and I shall help you. Please accept this answer and close this query if you have no further questions.