Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate is high. How can I reduce it?
User rating for this question
i am sheeba iam 45 yrs old my esr is 70 how can ireduce it
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 41 minutes later
Thanks for your query.
An ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) of 70 is quite high as against the normal of 20mm/hr. The ESR increases in presence of any sort of active infection (due to virus, bacteria) or inflammation in your body. Once the infection or the inflammation is treated the ESR reverts back to normal.
Since from your history it is evident that you have cough and are under treatment I feel that the increase in ESR in your case is more likely due to chest infection. And it should resolve after treatment.
Hope this answer is helpful to settle your concern. In case of any other query you may write back and I shall help you. Please accept this answer and close this query if you have no further questions.
People also viewed
- Clobetasol propionate foam side effects
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate is high how can i reduce it
- Blood sugar 158 one hour after dinner
- Sugar level of 155 after dinner
- How to reduce erythrocyte sedimentation rate through diet
- Is 155 a high blood sugar level
- To reduce erythrocyte sedimentation rate
- Fasting blood sugar of 155
- Hydromorphone hcl 2mg side effects
- Is timolol a beta blocker
- Is felodipine a beta blocker
- How we control the high erythrocyte sedimentation rate
- High erythrocyte sedimentation rate
- My blood suger after meal is 155
- Is atenolol a beta blocker