Erection problem,on high BP and High uric acid medication,taken S Numlo , Zyloric ,Rexipra

I am 51 yrs old male 5 ft 7in ht. 67 kg wt on medication for high B.P. and high uric acid and I am taking the following medicines
S Numlo AT
Zyloric 100mg -2 times
Of late I am having problem in getting full and hard erection during my sexual activity.
Kindly advice
Thanks and regards
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Based on your history, it seems you have erectile dysfunction.

Erectile dysfunction in your case is probably secondary to high blood pressure and altered lipid profile.

You need to be investigated with blood glucose and lipid profile to treat the basic cause.

you need to see urologist for detailed physical examination and start yourself on treatment.

Treatment with drugs belonging to PDE (Phosphodiesterase) inhibitors like Sildenafil.

I hope, I have answered your query.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Erection problem,on high BP and High uric acid medication,taken S Numlo , Zyloric ,Rexipra 4 hours later
Thanks for your answer regarding my earlier query.
My blood sugar levels are " fasting-105 and pp-135" and my lipid profile components are well within limits.
Can I take the suggested medicine along with the present medication as detailed earlier and can I get it over the counter or shall I need the prescription ?
Please give some good trade names of the medicine.
What is the correct time to take it ?
With regards,

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 18 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

There are plenty of PDE (phosphodiesterase ) 5 inhibitors like sildenafil available in the market.

The best time to take these drugs is about 1 hour before sexual activity, but you can take the medication any time from 4 hours to 30 minutes before sexual activity.

It usually should not be taken more than once every 24 hours.

If you have certain health conditions or are taking certain medications they are better taken under the guidance of a doctor.

Hence, i shall suggest you to see a urologist and undertake further treatment.