Erection problem, taking viagra. Diabetic. What other remedy options?

Question
i am a dibetic, and i an taking medicine. i also take viagra 100mg. but now it seem that does not work, i can not obtain a erection. what are my option now
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 6 hours later

Thanks for your query. I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It is been estimated that about 35%-75% of men with diabetes will experience at least some degree of erectile dysfunction. Men with diabetes tend to develop erectile dysfunction 10 to 15 years earlier than men without diabetes. Duration of diabetes also play a role.

Erectile dysfunction is multifactorial apart from diabetes other co factors associated with diabetes like overweight, smoking, taking too little exercise and other lifestyle factors may also contribute to erectile dysfunction. In addition psychological factors also have an enormous influence. Anxiety, guilt, depression, low self-esteem and paranoia about sexual failure are estimated to cause ED cases. If you have any of these it should be addressed.

Viagra contains sildenafil. If you feel they are not helping you, you may try other similar products like tadalafil after discussing with your treating doctor. For better effectiveness, these drugs are taken a half hour before sex and the effects can last from 4 to 5 hours.

I also advice strict control of the diabetes, regular monitoring of blood sugar and regular exercise and healthy diet to improve your sexual functions. Weight reduction if your body mass index is above normal will also play a significant role in treating your problem.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope I have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer