Ask a Urologist   »  

Erection problem. Having burning sensation during urination and pain in testicles. Help?

Nephrologist
Question
about 2 or 3 weeks i be noticing erection problem,past couples of days i m feeling burning sensation while peeing,also today i feel pain in my testicals,also have lower herinated dics in my lower back.I wonder what is the problem.Please help i m stressed out.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

"burning sensation while peeing along with pain in testicals" is a symptom of epididymo-orchitis which means infection of testicle, epididymis and spermatic cord. you have mentioned earlier history of prostatitis, that also is a spectrum of this infection.

you should XXXXXXX your doctor and get clinical examination done including examination for prostate and testicles.

you may need investigation in form of urine routine, urine culture, ultrasound scrotum and prostate.

treatment is with antibiotics- commonly used is ciprofloxacin and ornidazole. antibiotics should be started under guidance of your doctor for 7 day period.

hope this helps,
best wishes.

Follow-up: Erection problem. Having burning sensation during urination and pain in testicles. Help? 8 hours later
thanks,
I also wants to ask reguarding is it possible that erection problem is due to herinated dics in my lower.Do u think that it is pinching some nerv root somewere
because i was also feeling sarp pinch in my penise that comes and go's.Cuz i was
reading questionery online they were mentioning that can cause a parmanent demage to nerve root resulting in erection disfunction.

Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 11 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Disc herniation can compress nerve roots and cord depending on which level of spine is compressed. Isolated compression of nerve fibers supplying the penis may not be common.

If compression is the cause hen you can have other areas of focal neurological disorder in legs .

But pain while peeing and in testicles is unlikely due to disc compression.

Physiotherapy has a major role in disc pain management

Hope this helps

Follow-up: Erection problem. Having burning sensation during urination and pain in testicles. Help? 3 hours later
thanks,

I also have tingling in my right leg.Also noticed if a pain and pinch in my penis when i sit .sorry i forget to mention earlier that i have to wake up to urinate 2 to 3 times at nite.And how can i find out or who should i see to find out if there is any nerve root demage or not. I m really scared with whats going on with me....

Hi XXXXXXX

I must first tell you to calm down.If you get very anxious it only worsens your symptoms.Urinary frequency can be part of neurological bladder involvement. You need to consult A neurologist for your complains.