Erectile dysfunction, tingling in penis, weak parasympathetic nerve, trouble urinating. Anxiety or deeper problem?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Question
I am a sixteen year old male and i have not been able to get an erection for three months. I also have a severe tingling feeling on my penis and i have read that i have weakened the parasympathetic nerve from overmasturbating. In addition, sometimes i have trouble urinating. Other practitioners have told me its just anxiety but i highly doubt that because it has XXXXXXX going on for so long and also i can't get it up at all in the morning. Is there anything i can do or is this just a permanent problem?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later

The parasympathetic nerves cannot be permanently weakened by over-masturbation; it can temporarily be exhausted like any part of our body when overused.

Your doctors have diagnosed anxiety because at this age it is the most common cause of sexual dysfunction. However, if you have doubts and since you have problems like tingling, numbness and urination difficulty, you may consult a specialist like an urologist or a sexologist (andrologist).

These doctors can evaluate you by clinical examination and if required blood tests like serum testosterone, symptoms persist, if they do, feel free to consult.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction, tingling in penis, weak parasympathetic nerve, trouble urinating. Anxiety or deeper problem? 19 hours later
Thanks that was very helpful. I also want to know if you think herbal supplements are required to help in the healing process or should refraining from masturbation for a few months be enough? Also I have noticed that my penis has shrunk almost an inch. When I am fully healed will it go back to normal size? My last question is, because I never used lubricant in the past when i mastrubated, do you think the increased friction made me more prone to injury than other people who use it regularly? Again, thanks a lot

Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later

Thanks for follow up.

Answer 1- no herbal supplements are needed in your case, so please avoid them. Yes, refraining from masturbation might be enough.

Answer 2 - Your penis will attain normal size if there is no pathological cause, if it persists after 18 years of age you should consult your doctor or sexologist for evaluation.

Answer 3 - I don't think that, not using lubrication can cause such problem. To use lubrication or not is a personal choice.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept the reply if you have no further queries.