Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, suvagra, penegra. Safe drugs to take ?

i have been trying a lot to have intercourse but it never happens.I get hard and soon after sometime i ejaculate soon...Its hard for me to stay in i started taking a drug called suvagra 50 mg and 100 mg...also tried penegra.....could you please tell me if its safe and fine to take the drug and also how to know if i have erectile dysfunction
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

Losing erection early during intercourse is most commonly seen due to stress and depression.

The length of duration of erection does tend to decrease to a certain degree with smoking cigarettes, marijuana, drinking alcohol and with use of some anti hypertensive medicines.

If the testosterone level is low, this can affect the duration as well. This can be checked via a simple blood test.

Inability to maintain the erection for less than 90 seconds is considered as erectile dysfunction and needs treatment.

Good couple intimacy is the necessary to reduce the problem.

If no organic causes is found perhaps lifestyle modifications will be necessary. De-stressing measures like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.

A few medical drugs such as Phosphodiesterase inhibitors / Alprostadil have been used for the treatment. You may get them prescribed by a doctor if none of the above measures are successful in treating the problem. Both oral medications as well as injections are available to help in maintaining the erection. Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.

When pharmacological methods fail, a purpose-designed external vacuum pump can be used to attain erection, with a separate compression ring fitted to the penis to maintain it.

To increase your sex drive you can add celery, raw oysters, banana, avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic, etc to your food.

The medicines you are using are used to delay the ejaculation and have been proven to be useful but be cautious and do not overdose yourself as it might cause Hypotension. It is best to use 50mg and see if you get the desired response.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, suvagra, penegra. Safe drugs to take ? 4 hours later

Thank you for your response...It was indeed a more positive answer which has made me feel there is more into exploring myself.In terms of the drugs i use like suvagra,penegra does it in anyway cause a problem with my bp pill..Also could you please advice me on the dosage i should take.....could you please confirm if the drugs are safe and will not cause potency on the right usage.....

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing again.

You can use the medicines but it is best if you take them after consulting it with your treating physician who after properly examining you can advise you the appropriate dosage.

These drugs do precipitate Hypotension and antihypertensive pills do precipitate premature ejaculation. These drugs are used only after ruling out the risks for coronary artery disease.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal