Erectile dysfunction due to excessive masturbation, premature ejaculation, anxiety, depression. Treatment?

Excellent

Question
i am being masturbating for 10 years. currently i am experiencing following problem due to excess masturbation
Erection dyfunctional
if even i have erection it is premature ejuclation
anxiety and depression
Penis have become very short
suffer from Porn addiction and maturbation addiction
Fatigue and tiredness

what is the treatment for above issue?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question here.

This may be difficult for you to accept but you must try and separate your history of masturbation form your present erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation and indeed all your other symptoms.

If there was a connection between "excessive" masturbation and erectile dysfunction then every man on this planet would have some sexual dysfunction.

Studies have shown that up to 99% of all men masturbate on a regular bases. They can't masturbate "excessively" because they will not get the urge to and they will not be able to keep producing semen. Yet we know that less than 10% of men suffer form any sexual dysfunction at all, most of which is curable.

Until you can separate in your mind any connection between masturbation and sexual dysfunction and the other things you mentioned there: fatigue, tiredness, porn addiction and so on, then your chances of getting better are going to be very reduced.

If you can you need to consult a specialist in what it is that ails you. It is called DHAT syndrome. Please think about this carefully. You need a mind-set shift. It may take time but it is what will take you out of your present dark place.

The best of good health to you.

I hope you do well and that you accept this answer.

Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction due to excessive masturbation, premature ejaculation, anxiety, depression. Treatment? 51 days later
Even if i am sufferring from DHAT syndrome. what will be treatment? and what is the sucess rate of the treatment of DHAT syndrome.? how long treatment will yeild result?

Recently i am suffering from major Depression and Symptons i am experiencing is that sucidal thoughts, Hopelessness and not have any interest towards anything l.e sex and life.

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 16 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for your follow up question.

As I explained to you, your recovery totally depends on your acceptance of your diagnosis of DHAT syndrome.

Unfortunately, I can already detect signs of your rejecting this diagnosis when you say: "even if I am suffering from DHAT" The treatment starts with you, with your being able to see that your guilt about masturbation is inappropriate.

I can understand your feelings of depression and am sorry to hear about it. Perhaps you should see a physiatrist. Please keep well.

Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: Erectile dysfunction due to excessive masturbation, premature ejaculation, anxiety, depression. Treatment? 5 hours later
Thanks for your answers. i have following question from your answers.

whether the treatment of the DHAT syndrome can cure Depression also or need the separate treatment for the DHAT Syndrome and Depression?

Whom should i consult for treament of DHAT syndrome physiatrist or sexologist or Urologist?

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 5 hours later
Hi there. Thank you.

I certainly would not consult a Urologist and a good Sexologist might be hard to find. Most Physiatrists will probably never even have heard of DHAT syndrome never mind being able to do anything about it.

The treatment of DHAT starts and ends with your being able to accept that your feelings of guilt about masturbation and semen loss are cultural and inappropriate.

This may still leave you with some depression. A psychiatrist might prescribe antidepressants, but you need to be very cautious with these. Then if you still have some erectile dysfunction this can be managed with medication until you get your confidence back.

Getting you back to full health where you can start to enjoy life again will be a process not an event. It can be done quite easily with your acceptance. Good luck.

Andrew Rynne.