Erectile dysfunction. Will Caverta have ill effects on fetus?

Hi...I have an issue with erectile dysfunction and my doctor has prescribed Caverta 50 tablets to be used once in 2 days. We are planning for kids and hence I was wondering if its usage has any ill effects on baby making sex
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

The main component in Caverta is Sildenafil Citrate. This is used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
There is no evidence that this drug causes any damage to the baby, fertility, or has any teratogenic potential (i.e. will not cause abnormalities in your baby) , does not have any carcinogenic potential ( does not cause cancer).
The side effects commonly seen were headache, flushing, dyspepsia, nasal congestion, dizziness.
I would like to reassure you that this tablet is safe as long as the contraindications for its use have been excluded.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.