Episode of slurred speech, blurred vision. What could have caused it?

I was makeing a presentation last night and as I was going to read from my notes it I just could not speak and all the words seem to blur.into one.The manager came to my rescue and I handed out the awards with no problems. I did not feel ill before or after it was just for those few seconds I am 75 and am not in ill health and never had any problems before
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

I understand your concern

These symptoms are suggestive of minor brain stroke

You need MRI brain and tests to rule out diabetes, kidney problem and to check your blood pressure. These are the risk factor of stroke. Once the MRI is done, we can decide about the medicines. Please consult a local neurologist.

please get back if you need any additional information
best wishes