Epiglottis is large and hanging loose in throat flapping while swallowing and talking. What to do?

ENT Specialist
Question
My epiglottis is large and hangjng loose in my throat flapping when I talk or swallow what can be done
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Are you sure about large epiglottis? Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query and medical history. Are you sure about large epiglottis? Because large epiglottis may be a life threatening condition and mostly, you own cant diagnose large epiglottis; for this you may required either direct or indirect laryngoscopy. Probably you may be suffering from the large uvula because it may hang loose in your throat with flapping during the talk or swallow. Please send your image or doctors note for better help if you have. Wish you good health

Follow-up: Epiglottis is large and hanging loose in throat flapping while swallowing and talking. What to do? 17 minutes later
That sounds more like it will it contract or does it need attention ?

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need to worry Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow-up query. There is no need to worry. But I personally advised to you to consult ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management. If you again have any doubt, I will be available for your query.