Epigastric pain, fever, pale stool. Tests show enlarged liver, gallbladder polyp. Advise

Hello, I am 42 year old male. On March 15 th Instarted experiencing epigastric pain with fever, pale stool. CT was done and no positive findings expect slighly enlage liver. Ultrasound did not show eny abnormalities. Gastroscopy was done and they were no abnormailies. Two days ago Imhad complete abdomeen and kidney ultrasound and the found gallbladder polips. Recently I switched to Glutein free diet. Imwas wondering if there could be any complications innterms od adenocarcinoma. I have not had any diarrhea, yellow skin, vomiting. I am schedule to hae nuclear gallbladder test.
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Complications of gall bladder polyp depends on size of polyp. Size more than 1 cm polyps are needed to be operated. It may cause significant pain and may turn to malignancy. For GB no need to take gluten free diet.
Fever and pale stool may be due to intestinal infection. Polyp is possibly incidentally diagnosed.
Could you mention size of polyp and why you started gluten free diet?

Looking forward for your response.