Eosinophil percent-13 and monocyte-1.0. Just coming off skin infection. Could this be the cause?

My eosinophil percent is 13 and my monocyte is 1.0 but all other counts are perfect and within range...just coming off a skin infection so could that be the cause?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 29 minutes later
dear patient,

thanks for your health concerns. indeed some infections, particularly parasitic can be a common cause of elevated eosinophils; another common cause is if there is a skin or mucosal allergic reaction, since these are allergy cells of immune system.

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN