Enlarged thyroid. Had ultrasound done. Any danger or to be concerned about?

My daughter is 20 years old. Her doctor noticed that her thyroid was slightly enlarged and I immediately had an ultrasound done. I have attached the ultrasound report for your opinion. Should we be concerned given the findings? I have my daughter's permission to submit the attached medical information.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. P.V Pradeep 45 minutes later

Your query is on your daughter’s thyroid nodule.

Since her thyroid hormones and thyroid antibodies are normal there is nothing to worry.

The nodule in thyroid is only 3mm and we usually do not evaluate the nodule by biopsy (FNAC) unless the nodule is > 1cm, or there is a family history of thyroid cancer.

Hence just do a repeat ultrasound every 6 months and if it increases in size then only we have to evaluate further.

Warm regards and best wishes.