Enlarged testicular vein on right, frequent urination. What are precautions & how to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have an enlarged testicular vein on the right side which is very uncomfortable, also feels heavy and swollen. I am 37. what can I do to relieve the uncomfortable feeling and what should i avoid so as not to make this condition worse? thank you very much.also i have been going to toilet more often than usual
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
The enlarged testicular vein you are having is not likely to be related to vitamin D3 deficiency. It is more likely to be related to varicose veins.
But varicocele of testis is quite common.
So it is advised to rule out varicocele first. You can XXXXXXX a surgeon for clinical examination.
You might try elevating your scrotum on a small rolled up towel when you are sitting or lying down to reduce swelling.

Also, applying cold compresses and wearing supportive underwear (briefs, not boxer shorts) is advisable. However if the swelling persists then you may need to rule out infection or varicocele for which you have to consult your surgeon.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.