Enlarged prostate, no cancer and PSA level. Cannot urinate or ejaculate properly. Can Prostar help?

I have an enlarged prostate, NO CANCER, no PSA level. The prostate is keeping me from urinating and ejaculating properly. I'm on 2 different meds to relax the prostate. When I take it, about 4hrs later I urinate about 10x, then about 1 other time in the day. Is there anyway to fix this? Can Prostar help? I have seen one urologist and going to get a second opinion. By the way my grandfather died of prostate cancer. I am 39 and have chronic prostatitis & uti's since the age of 31. What should my questions be when seeking a 2nd opinion? My wife died 4 years ago of breast cancer at 39. I need to catch this quick for our 11 year old son. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

As I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor's reply. Thus it improves satisfaction levels of the both. Hence please give me further details as to the following:

- Please give me details of the 2 medications that you are on for your prostate problem.

- Please explain in detail about the health concern.

- If you have lower urine routine report, culture, serum PSA (Prostatic specific antigen), uroflowmetry and ultrasonography report of the KUB (kidney, ureters and bladder) region / urinary residual volume report, so that I can guide you properly.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

At your age, prostate cancer is extremely rare so I don't think you should worry about it.

Awaiting your response.