Enlarged lymph node on back of head, increasing in number. Got stung by bee. Should I visit my GP?

Hi I discovered what I believe to be an enlarged lymph node at the back of my head leftside about the same height as my ear. I felt the raised gland 3 days ago and it's still there and has increased from one swollen gland to three, must also mention that I got stung by a bee the day before but higher up on the back of my head (never had a allergic reaction to bee stings before) would like to know if the bee sting is the cause and should I visit my GP, wait it out or treat it with a home remedy such as a homoepathic medicene i.e. lympha from NATURA (Stimulates lymphatic drainage).
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
The lymph node swelling that you have noticed behind your ears is likely to be due to bee sting that you had 3 days ago. These lymph nodes enlarge in response to an infection, allergy or an abnormal growth.
You can take the homeopathic medicine to improve the lymphatic drainage and watch for any signs of infection at the site of bee sting. These swellings are likely to subside in 2-3 weeks.
Applying a hot compress will help in earlier drainage of lymph.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.