Endoscopy report showed gerd and lax hiatus. Prescribed bacterial infection medicine. Is this safe?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Ny endoscopy report showing gerd and lax hiatus but my doctor prescribed me bacterial infection medicine that is h pilory is it ok i am worried about lax hiatus please clarify this
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ivan Rommstein 27 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
This is nothing to bo concerned about. LAx hiatus is commonly found as one of main causes of gastritis and GERD, ant this is obviously what happens in your case. It means that esophageogastric junction is too mobile which is caused by lax or loose diaphragmatic esophageal opening( this is the place where esophagus enters abdominal cavity). This is the reason why stomach acid reflux,accumulates and irritates esophagus and stomach, resulting in heartburn and stomach pain. This is always treated by antic acid medicines and h.pylori eradication in the beginning. You should feel better after this.
Lax hiatus isnt problem for itself. In future it can lead to hiatus hernia and then you might have more intensive difficulties such as bloating, shortness of breath, heart palpitation, abdominal discomfort etc. But now go step by step, no specific treatment is neccessary but medicines your doctor prescribed.

ALso you symptoms are aggravated after meal, long sitting, leaning forward,stress and anxiety.
You should avoid alcohol,coffee,smoking,fats and fast food, carbonated drinks and eat more milk and milk products, fruit and vegetables,boiled food and natural beverages and teas. 1 hour after meal you should not sit or lay. Also lay with elevated upper body. If you are overweight you should do often exercise to lose weight.

WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.
Follow-up: Endoscopy report showed gerd and lax hiatus. Prescribed bacterial infection medicine. Is this safe? 3 hours later
My doctor given me amoxycilin,clarithromycin,esomeprazole and he is prescribing domeperidone after meal is it ok.and can i take glutamine ?and can i do weight excersize .
Thanx for your valuable reply.
Answered by Dr. Ivan Rommstein 29 minutes later
Yes, this is optimal and recommended therapy.
You can take glutamine but dont take it together with tablets,so take it at least 90 minutes after tablets.
Well, you can do the most regular weight exercises,this can be only helpful. There is no problem with bench, biceps and lat machines exercises. Only you should be careful when doing dead-lifting(if you do this) , dont use too heavy weights and use those fitness belts around your stomach when lifting.
ALso try not to eat heavy food 2 hours before training.
I am sure you will feel better soon.