Endoscopy found a duodenal polyp. On rabeprazole and h pylori. Can I have alcohol induced gastritis?

i had a endoscopy done and found a duodenal polyp, which was given for biopsy and the reult was negative ( not cancerous )this was in december 2010 and since then i am taking rabeprazole 20 mg
everyday in the morning empty stomach till feb 2012. In feb 2012 my doctor asked me to take h pylori
kit for 14 days ( twice daily ), i took it for 14 days and once that course was completed my Doctor said
take pantocid 40 mg for one month on alternate days and stop.But my problem is that i am not able stop taking pantocid, as i get inflammation in my chest. All this started in october 2010 after having
3 60 ml Brandy. Is it Alchohol induced Gastritis ,if so what i am to do.even today i get pain in my chest in the morning at about 10.00 am when i have drinks the previous night.

When i had this pain initially in October 2010 I took one 320 Ct Scan for Heart at apollo heart foundation in Chennai and they found nothing is wrong with my heart and told me my problem is not cardiac but gastric
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 7 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
The chest discomfort that you are experiencing is likely to be secondary to acid reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease. The Polyp in the duodenum and the H pylori are incidental detections.
Taking alcohol increases the reflux as alcohol relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter and it facilitates reflux. The crus or limbs of the diaphragm encircle the lower esophageal sphincter and adds to the antireflux mechanism.
Hence I would suggest you start doing some diaphragmatic or breathing exercises to strengthen the antireflux mechanisms along with gatting the head end of the bed elavated by around 10cms to impair reflux. Qiuting alcohol is an absolute must if your symptoms are to improve
An endoscopy would probably help to document if there is a hiatus hernia ( when part of the stomach is pulled into the chest and hence compromising the lower esophageal sphincter) or just a lax lower esophageal sphincter