Endoscopy done. Diagnosed with diffuse erosive gastritis. Small gastric polyp was removed. Cancer?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I was diagnosed with diffuse erosive gastritis on endoscopy...also a small gastric polyp was removed...distal esophagitis also. 52y/o male non smoker...non drinker....normal abd CT two weeks ago...do I have to worry about cancer
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

Erosive gastritis and a small polyp even though it may or may not cause cancer you should take care

What is your blood group ? What is your ethnicity ?

Erosive gastritis and Polyps in some races and particular blood group are genetically more prone to malignancy than others

Get back with this details and I will help you out

Wishing you a healthy life ahead

Follow-up: Endoscopy done. Diagnosed with diffuse erosive gastritis. Small gastric polyp was removed. Cancer? 6 hours later
blood type o, white caucasian

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 17 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in again

Polyps that are adenomatous are more prone to cancer

Stomach cancer is more common in Hispanic Americans, African Americans, and Asian/Pacific Islanders than it is in non-Hispanic whites

And patients with A group of blood for unknown reasons are more prone to stomach cancer

Hope this helps

Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead