Endometriosis. Ovaries removed. Suffering from sore joints, not sleeping well. Is it safe to take kilogest?

May 2013
I had a hysterectomy in Dec with both ovaries removed because of endemetrioes. I have been experiencing sore joints. not sleeping well, crying for no reason, & find it hard to concentrate or remember things. I tried Harmony but it did nothing, so the Dr ordered blood tests, they all came back ok, but my eostergeon level is low. The Dr has prescribed Kilogest. I started these on Sunday, & if anything I feel worse. Should I persevere with these tablets or is ther something better I could be taking?
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later

as you undergone hysterectomy along with oopherectomy which is called surgical menopause,
in which there will be abrupt drop of estrogen compared with natural menopause where there will be gradual drop,
so as estrogen affects many systems of the body like brain, bones, heart etc you will have problems with these systems after the surgery.
so better to use kilogest which contains oestradiol and norethisterone as combination hormonal replacement therapy to get relief from these symptoms.
usually it will take sometime to get accustomed for tablets,
so you better continue for few more days possibly you can feel difference,
if not you consult your doctor and ask to change the brand or combination of tablets.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.