Empty stomach feeling, fatigue, gastritis, irritation to stomach lining

i am feeling tired from 4-5 days also main problem is that im feeling empty stomach even after eating normal diet...there is something wrong..i love tea and take 5 cups daily but these days im hating it...not even a single cup i have had...what can it be? im not feeling good in myself please
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Hello and thank you for the query.

My best educated guess regarding why you are feeling these symptoms is that you have developed some gastritis or irritation of the stomach lining. This is very common and can cause a variety of symptoms.

I realize you are not feeling quite yourself, so let me suggest an intervention which may help you feel better in some days. I suggest you obtain an over the counter medication Prilosec or omeprazole and begin taking it daily with your morning meal. This will over time decrease the acid secretions in your stomach and promote some healing there so the gastritis will resolve. I suggest you take the omeprazole (or equivalent medication if your pharmacist suggests one) for 2 weeks and then reassess how you are feeling.

One additional recommendation - try not to drink the tea when it is scalding hot - this may also irritate the stomach. One last consideration is that you may have been exposed to a virus which can create fatigue and malaise which lasts for a week or two.

Lets see how you do with the over the counter preparation and then reassess.

I hope my answer has been informative and adequate for you. I am available for your followups.
Follow-up: Empty stomach feeling, fatigue, gastritis, irritation to stomach lining 1 hour later
Thank you ver much.can i take zantac please as i have it at home.??
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

You may use the Zantac as directed on the box or bottle. Please make sure to use it for a full two weeks.

I wish you all the best and continued excellent health.