Embryo transfer.Best diet?

Dear Dr
I am 38, 1.58m 74kg. I had 2 Embryo Transfer on 28/7/11. Already 6 days.. would like to check what are the best food and fruits to eat.. Thanks
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 31 minutes later
Hello .

Thanks for the Query.

The Basic Principle of healthy eating remains the same even in Pregnancy and there is no special diet formula for this. But, few foods need special attention.

Overall you need to have Plenty of fresh fruits, XXXXXXX Leafy vegetables, Whole grain and Lean Proteins. Take the Medicines as directed by your Doctor and go for regular follow up.

You need Folic Acid to prevent Neural tube defects in your Baby, the good sources of this include, XXXXXXX Leafy vegetables such as spinach, citrus fruits like Oranges. Beans and peas.

You and your baby would need bone strengthening through Calcium and Vitamin-D. You need to increase your calcium and Vitamin-D intake through foods like, Fruit juices, milk, cheese, yogurt, cereals, Spinach and Fish.

Proteins are crucial for you baby and you can get them through, Poultry. Fish, milk, Eggs, lentils and butter.

You need to also increase your Dietary Iron intake to prevent anemia through XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, Poultry and Meat.

Speak to a Dietician so that he/she can develop a Diet plan for you to consume all the essential nutrients in adequate quantities proportionate to your Body requirements.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your Follow up Queries.

I Wish you All the Very best and Good health for you and your Baby.

Take Care.