Elevated uric acid and creatinine levels. Any complications?

My Father recently got his health checkup done and his following values are out of range:
Kidney Panel test:
Creatinine : 1.20 mg/dL (0.67-1.17)
Uric Acid: 7.80 mg/dL(3.50-7.20)
Phosphorous- 4.60 mg/dL(2.30-3.70)

I want to know the implications of the followings. And should we consult any specialist for the same.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
The uric acid and creatinine values in your father's case are just mildly raised. Mildly raised phosphate levels are also indicative of a decreased renal function. Such mild variation is not worrisome and should be evaluated in combination with the clinical symptoms. If there are no physical problems then you can just get these levels evaluated again after 6 months to see the trend. Meanwhile you can ask him to decrease the intake of pulses and start taking vitamin C XXXXXXX diet like lime juice regularly.
Avoid taking any vitamin D supplements. In case he is diabetic, controlling the raised blood glucose levels will be helpful.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.