Elevated triglycerides. Suffering from Dyslipidaemia. On Storvaz. Advised to take Rosuvas and Eco stress test. Proper treatment?

Cardiologist, Interventional
hi, i have high triglycerides for the past two years. The current report says chol 233, trig 440, hdl 28, ldl 169, vldl 36, non hdl 205. I am 33 year old male weighing 89 kgs. Aprt from this i have also suffered from NAFLD/dyslipidaemia (gastro problem) and my uric acid is constant at 8.2 for the past 2 years. I have taken Storvaz EZ 10 for the past one year, with no signs of improvement i n my report. Now,I have been advised to take Rosuvas F10 and go for Eco stress test. Please suggest if i've been put on the right track or not? Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 15 hours later

I understand your health concern. Let me help you to the best of my knowledge.

For your age, you have quite a few abnormalities. All components of your lipid profile are abnormal.

You seem to be overweight, to comment further on your BMI (Body Mass Index) I need the details of your height, waist circumference and hip circumference, if you know.

Your present prescriptions are quite adequate. I do not know if your lipid profile was any different previously that prompted previous prescription.

Rosuvas F helps in decreasing the triglycerides (TG) and to an extent in increasing HDL. Storvas EZ causes decrease in LDL and total cholesterol.

Rosuvas F is better for you with no additional side effects on the existing NAFLD (Non diet and exercise plays a very important role in the long run. Aggressive lifestyle modification focused on weight reduction and increased physical activity is very important for you.

I would also be interested to know about your blood pressure reading and fasting blood sugar value.

I hope this has been useful to you.

Please do write back for further discussion on this.

I wish you good health.