Elevated thyroid hormone levels. Need medication dosage correction

hi,doctor my t3 is 1.06,t4 is 7.3 and tsh is 9.9.what should i do.what precautions should i weight is 65kg amd i am 47 years old XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 42 minutes later

Your TSH level is very high (9.9. The dose of thyronorm that you are taking (25mcg) seems low. It may need to be increased.

Consult your primary doctor and discuss about it to increase the dose of thyronorm.

The weight related problems are also due to the thyroid dysfunction. With strict diet control and adjustment of the thyronorm dose it can be controlled.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Elevated thyroid hormone levels. Need medication dosage correction 1 hour later
you havent sent about the precautions with reference to food and so on.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Its caused due to the underactive thyroid gland.Less amount of hormone is produced by the gland.Food doesnt really affect it so much.However,some cases its been seen that iodine deficiency can be an aggravating factor.It can also be associated with stress.Certain drugs can induce hypothroidsm like interleukin,thalidomide etc.Control your sugar intake.Food wise you can have a normal diet.

Hope I answered your query.