Elevated heart rate and low blood pressure. Taking Pur bloka and Cozar. Side effects?

I am using PUR-BLOKA 10mg tablets for about 5days now. I am also on Cozaar 50mg for the best part of 20 years. suddenly my blood preasure drops to in the 80's over in the low 40's. Is it a side effect of the Pur-Bloka and should I rather stop any of the two mentioned. I am quite fit, a cycler, but at night my haert beat goes up to sometimes 120 beats per minute.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query,

There is definitely high probability of your drop in blood pressure due to the antihypertensive drug (Pur Bloka). In addition to lowering blood pressure, Pur bloka also is effective in lowering pulse rate.

I would be able to tell you more about your condition if you can provide me with the following information:

Was this medicine been prescribed by your doctor? If yes, why was this prescribed - control blood pressure or control increased pulse rate at night?
Since when you are having the night time increased pulse rate?
Do you have history of thyroid problem (hyperthyroidism)?
Since when you are using ESTROFEM and is it being given to you for your postmenopausal symptoms?
Are your postmenopausal symptoms properly controlled by 1 mg of ESTROFEM?

Waiting for your reply so that we can take our discussion further.