Elevated blood sugar levels. Advice on the dosage of Glynase?

Need your advise on the dose of Glynase 5 MG.

Fasting: 35~151
PP: 158~247
Random: 210~248
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Amit Rajput 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your blood sugars seem out of control. These raised sugars can cause organ damage, if it is not controlled in time. Currently, Glynase tablet does not seem adequate to control your sugars. Raising the dose would not help. The sugar levels have to be monitored on a regular basis as advised by your physician and appropriate changes in the medication needs to be made.

You need combination of other tablets (with or without insulin) after assessing your kidney and lung function by your physician.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries, if any.