Elevated ALP levels. Should I be concerned?

Had follow up blood work from some stomach pain over the last couple of months. All labs completely normal except ALP was 124 (lab reference range 40-115). Have had other mildly elevated ALP (139 couple of months ago but also 103, 111 in the interim). On those other tests, every lab was normal except the ALP (one time). Found old insurance blood test from 8 years ago in my "health file" and ALP was 132 which was above reference range also. Are these numbers anything to worry about when everything else is normal? Are these elevations significant?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
You have intermittent mildly raised alkaline phosphatase levels.
If rest of your blood tests are normal, it is not clinically significant and does not indicate any major health problem.
It could be due to minor hepatic inflammation or fatty deposition, recent bony injury, Vitamin D3 deficiency, etc.
You need to have a repeat test along with other liver function tests after three months to see if there is any further rise in these levels.
Right now there is nothing to feel concerned. Periodic monitoring is required.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.